Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unit 2 Reading


Summary:

Chapter 3:

What I got out of chapter three was that you need specific things to make a website work, and you have to make all of those things work together. It talked about visual hierarchy with type and graphic layout, talked about conventions and there use to make site look familiar to each other, clarity of page, affordance of buttons and how there shouldn’t be any clutter on the page. All of these things are good to keep in mind when designing anything.

Chapter 4:

Chapter 4 was a very short chapter and was about how you should make using a webpage a mindless activity for the user. It talked about how few button clicks should get you to the “end result”. The author also brought up a very good point about how three mindless clicks usually could be one super well thought out click. Depending on the site I am designing I have to choose which way to go is more appropriate.

Chapter 5:

Chapter 5 was probably my most favorite out of the three that we read for the week. It was about how people use meaningless unnecessary words while designing for the web and why not to do that. The author taught me about what happy talk really is and I thought it was quite funny. I feel like the guy just thinks everyone has no brain and it makes me laugh and hold my interest to read further.

No comments:

Post a Comment